Steps to apply for a visa to attend On-Campus Summer Programs
Modified on: Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 12:21 PM
Follow these steps to apply for and receive an I-20, the document used to apply for an F-1 visa, to attend CTY.
- After enrolling your child in a course, you will receive their CTY Summer Programs course registration assignment. Your child must have this course registration assignment before starting the visa process.
- Within five business days of receiving your child’s course registration assignment, JHU’s Office of International Services (OIS) will send an email to the email address(es) you used on your child’s CTY application. Follow the instructions in the email from OIS to request and obtain the I-20. Note: although both parents may receive a message about the I-20 request, submit only one I-20 request per child. All follow up communication from OIS will go to the parent who submits the I-20 request.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the OIS email to:
- Once you have submitted your I-20 request, allow 10 business days for OIS to process your child’s I-20. Requests that are incomplete will delay processing and issuing of your child’s I-20.
- Once you receive your child’s I-20 from the JHU Office of International Services (OIS), take the following steps to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy/consulate:
-Pay the SEVIS fee at fmjfee.com. Print out and save a copy of your receipt—you will need it for the visa application.
-Complete an electronic DS-160 visa application through the U.S. State Department website.
-Schedule a visa appointment with the U.S. embassy/consulate. Scheduling and processing times vary by U.S. embassy/consulate
-Attend the visa interview and obtain your child’s F-1 student visa from the U.S. embassy/consulate.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.